Rules for Bus Transportation
In the event that a student misses the school bus going home, the student should report immediately to the office. The school will contact the parent to make arrangements for the child to be picked up.
All school rules as well as predetermined Board and bus safety rules as stated below will apply while students are being transported
All school rules as well as predetermined Board and bus safety rules as stated below will apply while students are being transported.
- Always be at the bus stop 10 minutes early.
- Always listen to the driver’s instructions.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop, then board the school bus in single file, in an orderly fashion, using the handrail.
- Find your assigned seat quickly without pushing other students. Keep the aisle clear.
- Remain seated, talk quietly.
- Do not eat, drink or leave trash on the bus.
- Never put your head or arms out of the windows. Know where the emergency exits are but DO NOT tamper with them.
- When getting off, wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before leaving your seat. Descend in a single file.
- Walk a safe distance from the bus so that the driver can see you and know that you are out of danger.
- Should you need to cross in front of the bus, keep a safe distance and watch for the driver’s signal. Do not run. Proceed with caution.
Bus reports will be issued to students who break the above rules. Repeated offences may result in temporary or permanent bus suspensions.