August 20, 2019
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome back! With the wonderful weather we have had this summer, I hope that you have all had a very nice summer and that you have had time for some rest and relaxation. I’d like to extend a warm welcome to all the new students and families joining our CWA community. I would also like to welcome Ms. Sandra Vadacchino, our new school secretary, to CWA and thank her for all her help in getting ready for the start of the school year.
The first day of school is Friday, August 30th at 8:00 AM. Staff will be on supervision as of 7:45 AM.
- Students in Grades 1 to 6 are asked to go into the main school yard, where they will be greeted by their homeroom teachers from last year (2018-2019). They will be assigned their new class room and meet their new homeroom teachers once inside the school.
- New students to CWA are to go to the main office via the front entrance and staff members will escort them to their class.
- Kindergarten students will follow a progressive entry as outlined in a letter sent out in June to parents.
If you have not yet registered for the lunch or daycare program, you may do so on the Fusion Portal. Regular daycare hours (Grades 1 – 6) will be in effect as of Friday, August 30th (7:00 AM – 7:45 AM and 2:25 PM – 6:00 PM). This year our lunch period is from 11:15 AM – 12:05 PM.
Please note the following dates:
- Aug. 22nd Moni uniform pick-up at school (4:00 – 6:00 PM)
- Aug. 29th Editions Vaudreuil school supplies pick-up (3:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
- Aug. 30th Gr.1 – 6 Students return (Kindergarten = progressive entry)
- Sept. 2nd Labour Day holiday
- Sept. 4th C2 & C3 “Meet the Teacher / Curriculum Evening”
- Sept. 5th K, C1, and Specialists “Meet the Teacher / Curriculum Evening”
- Sept. 13th CWA Family Corn Roast
- Sept. 18th Governing Board AGM
- Sept. 24th Picture Day
- Sept. 25th Home & School meeting
- Sept. 26th Terry Fox Run / Dress Down Day
- Sept. 27th LBPSB Professional Day
Please visit our new, mobile device-friendly, school website (http://cwa.lbpsb.qc.ca/) for class supply lists, yearly and monthly calendars, school and daycare information, and much more. Thank you.
I would to thank our summer replacement caretakers, Larry McCall, Kirk Glanvale, Derek Boston, and Denzel Braithwaite for the great job they have done in getting the school ready for the staff and students’ return to school.
At this time each year, I look forward to returning to school and to working with our staff, volunteers, and community to continue making CWA a place where students are assisted and encouraged to make connections between the world around them, “real life”, and the curriculum. We all play a vital role in developing our students’ to their greatest potential, both academically and socially, and we will work together towards achieving this.
It will be nice to see everyone back at school and I wish you all a great start to the new school year.
Yours very truly,
Tony Di Vittori